Sunday 17 November 2013

Australian Cake Decorating Network Cake Crawl Weekend in Brisbane...

I am still recovering, but I had a wonderful time on the Australian Cake Decorating Network Cake Crawl this weekend.

On Saturday night I was lucky enough to meet the wonderfully talented Verusca Walker at pre Cake Crawl drink, her work is out of this world yet she is so down to earth and has a golden heart.

Photo: I had the privilege of meeting amazing cake decorator and one of my idols, Verusca Walker at Brisbane's Cake Crawl pre dinner. What an amazing, inspiring woman her story really touches the heart.

On Sunday it was an early rise for an 8am start! I met a wonderful group of like minded people and witnessed some of Australia's best showing off their cake decorating skills while teaching us all a trick or two.

The lovely Trina Thompson from Sweet Ruby Cakes demonstrated how to make wonderful figurines, this is me pictured with her (who can resist getting photos of their cake idols?)

Photo: Had an awesome time meeting Trina from Sweet Ruby Cake's at the Cake Crawl in Brisbane yesterday- amazing work very inspirational! Best wishes, Marianna



Sharon Wee Creations let a few of her trade secrets out of the bag... and I was lucky enough to enjoy High Tea with her at Baccuhs (don't tell anyone I think that we're new besties!).


Photo: High tea @ Bacchus with new bestie Sharon Wee- her cakes are out of this world!!!!



I treasured the cookie demonstration by Bubble and Sweet! Isn't this pony delightful!


I had some time to slip in a Cake Batter Cocktail... yummo!


Photo: Cake batter cocktail... Don't mind if I do!!!

The exceptional Louisa Massignani from Cakesalouisa showed us a few different ways of making stunning patchwork flowers, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that I'll be trying this one out for myself at home! They look so effective. 



Greg Cleary from Sweetums Designer Cakes is one talent man! His arrangements blew my mind.. they looked so life like I just wanted to go up and smell them.

Photo: Wonderful time meeting Greg Cleary from Sweetums Designer Cakes yesterday at Brisbane Cake Crawl. 

His work is outstanding!!!


Elleanor Heaphy from Cakeage Cake Craft showed our group how to make the most amazing succulents, so life like they were as if they had been picked straight out of the garden.

Photo: I love this succulent arrangement that was demonstrated by Cakeage Cake Craft yesterday on the Cake Crawl!

An amazing day with so much learnt, it's really true when they say you never stop learning!


mariannacakingmecrazy@gmail.com 
https://www.facebook.com/MariannasCakingMeCrazy
 http://www.pinterest.com/cakingmecrazy/boards/

No comments:

Post a Comment