Saturday 10 May 2014

Marianna's Caking Me Crazy Show Cakes 2014

Behind the scenes I have been quietly working away on many entries for the local show, here are some pictures for you. 

 Lady Victoria was entered into the Dolly Varden section and is completely made out of gumpaste, fondant and edible lace. 

I wanted to give our Lady Victoria an unique look using modern cake decorating techniques, rather than a more traditional look. The face turned out exactly how I wanted with an animated style.  



My cakes pops are certainly frosted indulgence! They're mudcake covered in fondant accentuated with silver leaf and white flowers with silver leaf centres. These were also an original design by Marianna's Caking Me Crazy. I just wanted them to have an elegance about them, where people could simply not stop looking at them. 


Our Cupcakes were designed using inspiration from Buns in the Oven Cupcakery. I loved Sheryl Bito's style and wanted to recreate one of her designs, but still using my own features and ideas. 


My most favourite entry of all was my wafer paper cake. Completely original I wanted this design to be dedicated to my mum as I really love her and we don't live close together so I miss her a lot (even though I probably ring her 6-10 times a day! Sorry mum!!). 
So for this cake I thought of things that were a representation of us and our relationship over the years. 

The flower is big, bold, strong, prominent and overshadows everything, this represents my mums and my relationship- simply unbreakable. The butterflies on the cake are a reminder of all the new fun beginnings and milestones we have achieved together over 29 wonderful years (ok I'm not 29 for another few weeks, just for the record).





And being a mum myself I am super proud! My eldest daughter took it upon herself to enter the pre primary section of the show this year. I was a very proud mum as I watched her guarding her cupcakes as the steward popped them into the cabinet. All day she kept asking me if they were going to be ok there and she was worried someone may have eaten them. Too precious. 



We shall let you know what the results are as they come to hand! 
Happy decorating everyone. 
   

mariannacakingmecrazy@gmail.com 
https://www.facebook.com/MariannasCakingMeCrazy
 http://www.pinterest.com/cakingmecrazy/boards/

No comments:

Post a Comment